Mental health is important and we want to highlight the importance of it here at OneBlock MC.
Disclaimer: We are not mental health experts but we have compiled useful information for you. Please know that you are not alone. 💙
Since the pandemic, the topic has become more crucial than ever with people isolated from their friends and families. This has resulted in increased anxiety and loneliness for all kinds of people across the world.
In the past few months, we've heard of various stories of how OneBlock MC has helped to create a feeling of community and belonging from lots of different players.
However, we would like to provide some advice for those who may be struggling (which is perfectly normal!).
- Find something that fascinates you: Whether it's a new building project, making the biggest shop on OneBlock MC, programming, coding, design, art and more. We live in a world where you can start learning a new hobby online in just a few minutes.
- Get involved in a community: Chat to players on our Discord or even other discord servers such as the official Minecraft discord. There are plenty of teams and groups across OneBlock MC and lots are always recruiting new members! Once you find somewhere, be sure to start chatting with people and making lots of new friends. At first it may be hard to open up and that's completely okay! If you become good friends with someone, they can be there for you in times of stress. Make sure you ask the other person if it’s okay to “spill the beans” and talk about what’s going on in your head before doing so. While most/all people want to be there for one another, sometimes, the other person is going through a rough time too and is not in a good place to speak with you about what’s going on, which is okay! We’re all going through life in one way or another. If this is the case, try reaching out to some other friends, and especially your family, parental figures and/or a trusted adult. Whatever you are comfortable with.
- Explore OneBlock MC: The range of games and communities on OneBlock MC continues to grow and each game tends to have a slightly different community of players. Why not try them out and find one that fits you best? :)
- Keep an eye out: If someone seems upset/lonely, approach them, and see what you can do to make that person’s day. You have the power to help and make a difference.
- Lastly, but most importantly—off OneBlock MC, therapy is an extremely helpful and great way to get the help and/or comfort you need. You can get professional advice from people that went to school to help you through life’s toughest moments. There can be so many contributions to someone’s mental state that it is impossible to focus on and cover them all in just a few steps. If you have the option to go and seek help professionally, go and seek help.
Child helpline network
If you would like to search yourself, a simple 'get mental health help' search is perfectly acceptable and may provide a better solution for you depending on your location.